Rotary Club Of Pickering

Our Story

Welcome to the Pickering Rotary Ribfest, where food, fun, and festivity collide in a culinary showdown like no other! Our Ribbers aren’t just cooking up a storm; they’re putting on a show with their impressive mobile kitchens and wood-fired BBQs, turning every meal into a memorable experience.

These Ribbers aren’t just competing for the best ribs; they’re also vying for accolades like Best Sauce, Best Chicken, and even the Judge’s Favorite Trophy. But the foodie fun doesn’t stop there! We’ve got everything from fresh-cut fries to colossal ‘Bloomin’ Onions’, crepes to gourmet coffee, and craft root beer.

And let’s not forget the music! With live performances spanning various genres, there’s something for every musical taste. Plus, we’ve got fun activities for the whole family, including interactive sports displays and more.

So come join us at Pickering Ribfest for a weekend of delicious food, great music, and family-friendly fun. It’s the perfect blend of small-town charm and urban sophistication!


Admission to Pickering Ribfest is free! While there is no entry fee, donations will be gratefully accepted at the gates. Your donation is entirely voluntary.

Hours of Operation:

Friday: 12pm – 10pm

Saturday: 12pm – 10pm

Sunday: 12pm – 6pm

Friday and Saturday gates will close to entry at 10:00 PM. On Sunday gates will close at 6:00PM

This licensed event offers the opportunity to purchase alcohol on-site. While Pickering Ribfest is a family-friendly event, we encourage all attendees to drink responsibly and refrain from drinking and driving.

Absolutely YES!

Pickering Ribfest is a Family Friendly event. We have entertainment for every age group. All children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. However, note that the music in the evening will be targeted to adults.

No, pets may not enter the event.

Service animals, on the other hand, are not only permitted, they are welcomed.

The Craft Beer Village features more than 30 craft beers ciders and coolers from across Ontario.

Some rib teams have beef ribs as well as pork ribs. Ribbers and other food vendors offer chicken, salads, coleslaw, baked beans, pizza, french fries, doughnuts, ice cream, roast corn, sweets & treats and more.

Yes. Some vendors offer salads, bloomin’ onions and corn-on-the-corn. Gluten-free sauces available – ask the Ribber.

The short answer is no.

The Smoke-Free Ontario Act prohibits smoking on publicly owned sports fields, playgrounds as well as outdoor patios of eating establishments (amongst other places). Smoking will only be permitted in specially designated areas.

The success of the event is dependent on the efforts of the volunteers. There are hundreds of positions to be filled. Community Service credit is available. Please visit the Volunteer section by clicking here.

Pickering Rotary Ribfest is organized by the Pickering Rotary Club. 100% of all money raised goes to support important local and international causes while holding a fun and safe event for all ages. 90% of the money raised goes directly to local causes such as respite care for families with special needs. The remaining 10% goes toward causes such as the eradication of Polio and providing clean drinking water to villages in the third world. To learn more about Pickering Rotary and Rotary International, go to

P.O. Box 7
Pickering, ON
L1V 2R2